Join Community Energy in Pembrokeshire
By joining our Community Interest company as a member your organisation will receive the following benefits:
- Access to our Members' Area, a central resource for best practice and a knowledge base from technical, policy, funding, finance and innovation perspectives and partnership working with the PLANED Community Energy Network
- We will take the role of developer in community energy schemes, concentrating the skills across the county in delivering successful schemes across the County
- Communities wishing to develop schemes can turn to CEP to manage grant applications and technical development of the site through the planning and construction processes but still have an ownership stake or a ring-fenced share in the profits of operational schemes
- We will replace the developer in on-farm schemes, offering landowners the opportunity to lease sites which will pay a market rent but retain scheme profits in the local economy rather than to a remote developer
- Strong joint venture partnership with Seren Energy Ltd.
Applicants should be aware however that there is no budget at present for remuneration of any kind for Directors, and the position is entirely voluntary. Directors may in future seek funding for remuneration, travel costs etc but it is fair to advise that these costs are typically difficult to obtain. Therefore you should expect to undertake the work pro bono, with solely the non-financial benefits as the reward for your work.